Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dr. Phil's Messageboard

User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
May 10, 2006, 4:26 pm PDT

Searching for Birth Parents

Quote From: pamela990

I found my family through Kinsolving Investigations.  They have a website called kinsolving.com.  They did not charge anything until they found my family.  I had virtually nothing other than a birth cert with my mother's name on it and they found her and two brothers.  It has turned out so well for me.  I think they do an amazing job.
User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
happy
User Mood
Happy

Message Emote
blank
April 29, 2006, 8:21 am PDT

My experience

Quote From: staciesmom

I am almost 40 years old. I had contacted my birth mother about 5 years ago. She kept in contact for about a year then stopped returning my letters. She told me I was born out of "what sounds like date rape?" I am not sure. She is married with two children who in their 20's.  Her husband did not want my birth mother to tell them about me. I also think he is the reason she ended our contact. BTW,  they have lived only about 5 miles from where I grew up this whole time! My situation is that I have found my two birth siblings on Myspace.com.  Their lives seem so interesting.  Everybody whom I talk to tells me that I should contact them. Even though this is against my birth mothers and her husbands wishes? And even though my birth mother doesnt want to have anything to do with me. Do they have a right to know about me? I am not doing this out of spite. I think in a way, I have children of my own.  My 1/2 brother is totally into music, and so is my son. They seem to have a lot in common. 
I would totally contact my siblings.   I just recently found my birth family and I actually chose to contact a sibling first.  It has gone great and he has been a bridge to my birth mother.  She had not told her other children about me (We are all over 30).   There are 4 of us.  One from a rape when she was 14 and then 3 others.  She raised 2 of them.   I think she has a lot of pride and is embarrassed that this has come out.  I have to say that I am so happy to have contacted my brother.  He was shocked of course but now we are sharing all kinds of information.  We are both sensistive to his mother.  I say that because no matter what happens with my birth mother, the mother that raised me is my mom.  I kind of have to define a role for my birth mother if she chooses to have a relationship.  I am prepared to deal with the fact that she may not.  You may have neices and nephews, cousins, etc that want to know you and you have a right to know who you are.  The more you learn about them, the more you will know yourself.  Be kind but do not miss an opportunity to know a sibling.
April 29, 2006, 8:24 am PDT

Recommendation

Quote From: luverth

I am 33 and have always wanted to find my birth mother.  I am from Arizona and my records are sealed I guess.  I really wish I knew of some way to try to get her name and locate her. It has been a haunting factor in my entire life. If anyone has any information on ways to locate her and get her name.
Someone on here recommended Kinsolving Investigations to me.  I had almost no paper trail and they found my family.  I spent 20 yrs looking on my own.  You will have to spend a couple thousand bucks but for me it was worth it.   It took them 3 months with me.  You may want to try them.  www.kinsolving.com.  Good Luck

No comments: